Thursday, September 21, 2006

The highlight of my day

HIGHLIGHTER TIME!



Some of you may remember a couple of my lame goals from last year. The first one was to use a Bic rollerball pen from start to finish. I accomplished that before finishing the semester. The other one was to go through law school without buying a highlighter. Well, as I found out, they only have the BarBri table during first semester, so in spring semester, my formidable stock pile began shrinking, instead of growing. I was down to my last two as of Monday. In actual fact, I had fully planned on giving up on my goal and buying highlighters soon. Really, the only thing that stopped me from doing so was procrastination. It was a sad realization, but I simply needed to go buy highlighters.

But then, out of nowhere, today I get a text message from a buddy, telling me that the BarBri table was set up, selling courses to 1L's. This is a very good thing because it means highlighters and free mini candy bars. Just like that, I'm back in the game! I took a total of 6 today (I gave one to a friend that needed one). I have a different strategy this year, so I'm going to amass a pile to be reckoned with.

It's kind of sad, really, when I think about it. I'm paying an unholy amount of money for these reviews (I may have to take out a separate loan just to pay for the review sessions, no lie) to help me pass the bar exam a couple of years from now, and I'm feeling like I pulled one over on them by taking probably $20 worth of highlighters through the courseo of my lawschool career. Stay tuned folks, because you're witnessing the birth of a negotiating genius...

8 comments:

Lorien said...

I thought the highlight of your day would have been getting unexpected BYU paraphernalia in the mail.

The Dally Llama said...

That happened last week. And thanks for that. Everyone thought I had the coolest BYU T in the group. And thanks for spelling paraphernalia right.

Anonymous said...

BYU T shirts and highlighters are for nerds. Oh, and so is spacecamp. Nothing but love...

The Dally Llama said...

Don't you have a fat, hairy man you should be shaving right now?

Anonymous said...

Actually, this weekend was full of fat, hairy women. KILL ME QUICKLY if I ever have thick, wirey, chin whiskers. sick.

Lorien said...

I had to look it up.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

yanmaneee said...

adidas yeezy
golden goose
goyard wallet
golden goose shoes
golden goose outlet
goyard handbags
golden goose sale
golden goose sneakers
supreme clothing
yeezy

Locations of visitors to this page