Friday, September 29, 2006

A dish best served cold.

REVENGE!!



Being the only BYU grad at my school, I drew a lot of heat last year for BYU's struggles, as Mendenhall began the process of digging the program out of the abyss left by the prior regime. I can't tell you how good it felt to watch BYU throttle the vaunted TCU on both sides of the ball last night.

The poetic justice wasn't lost on me either. One of the first wins in TCU's 13-game winning streak came last year when quality MWC officiating ruled that, in OT, TCU's running back had broken the plane of the endzone before the ball came lose, giving them a touchdown. (BYU recovered the fumble in the end zone, which would have ended the game, if ruled a fumble). If you haven't seen this picture by now, this picture should show you why I'm still a little bitter:


So it felt VERY good to watch the Cougs end what never should have been that long of a winning streak to begin with.

Oh, one more thing...

Utah sucks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in a very dark place right now. I don't know how long I'll be residing here. Hopefully not long, but my Utes just got bent over by Boise St. I thought my staying home and attending general conference would help our plee. Alas, it was not Alla's will. But, we'll beat TCU, just like you other lame-os and be back on the horse again. I can't believe what I'll have to endure in the meantime from you, my father, and other BYU gommers.

Anonymous said...

On a more positive note, I was in that awful place we like to refer to as the UC (Utah County) last night, watching my Utah girls volleyball bring the cocky, BYUers to tears...again...in Provo.
PS nice "Utah sucks" in blue. Sick.

The Dally Llama said...

Utah beating TCU?! Oh that's rich! Seriously, stop it or you're going to kill me. What makes you think Utah is going to do anything different than what it's done any time it's seen an actual football team this year? (Utah State and San Diego State don't count). They're gonna resign to their fate as doormats for any decent team under the sun. You guys had your moment in the sun two years ago. Now you're back to sucking, where you properly belong.

And if you really hate the UC that bad, maybe you shouldn't leave the safety of the land of the self-important. You're obviously not ready to handle it.

Anonymous said...

HA! 20-7!!!! That's all I have to say. Oh, and I'd rather be from the land of the self important than the land of the self righteous. AND... aren't you getting an internship in the land of the "self important" this summer? YOU'RE going to have to learn to deal.
GO UTES!
I think we both can agree that TCU is pretty overrated, that's for sure. Kinda like another private Christian school I know...

The Dally Llama said...

Hard to say that BYU is overrated, when there was nothing but a bunch of question marks at the beginning of the season, and nobody expected much. Though I agree that if the U beat them, they're clearly not as good as people thought.

Locations of visitors to this page