Friday, October 06, 2006

School is back in session

Prior to coming to New York, I had 6+ year streak going. That's how long it had been since I went fishing without catching at least one fish. I don't care how unimpressed by that other people are, I think that's pretty impressive. Last year in December I went fishing in Pulaski, fished the entire day and didn't catch a thing. All I had to show for the day were feet that were so unbelievably cold that it still hurt to walk on them a few hours later. Can't be good for you, but if that's what it takes to catch a steelhead, I'm game.



So today I went fishing on the Ausable River in the Adirondacks. It was gorgeous up there, and I have to admit, some of the Adirondacks almost approximate what a real mountain is. Anyway, the river was gorgeous, though wading it was pretty tricky. --I pulled one of the most athletic moves in the history of sport fishing today to avoid falling in, and avoid breaking my fly rod, all in the same move. I wish I had it on tape. You would have been impressed, trust me.

Anyway, my point is that New York rivers have been kicking my trash. Between the two fish I caught today, I caught about 11 inches of fish. Sad, really. It's like learning to fish all over again out here, only I have this stupid "school" thing hanging over my head, keeping me from doing the fishing I want to do. Makes it hard to cut off the learning curve, you know?

This is my buddy Carter sneaking up on what proved to be another monstrous 6.5 inch brown.

Anyway, I thought I would post a few shots that show a gorgeous New England fall day. You really can't beat the falls out here. It's nature's way of being nice to you because it knows what it's about to do to you with the coming winter.

So, yeah. That was today. I stood in cold water all day, and didn't think about school, law, or anything of the sort for a full day. Fantastic day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You fish? Wait, is that why you drew the same fish EVERYDAY in class this past summer?

Are you alive? Miss you.

Locations of visitors to this page