Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gallery o' Terror



So I was looking at my brother-in-law's blog, and I realized that Halloween is a pretty cool time of year. I'm not anything close to as creative as Guy is, so this picture is the best I could come up with to participate in the Gallery o' Terror. The sad part is that Guy is the one that did this picture. So my best shot at getting in on the Gallery o' Terror is by posting something that Guy did. That's lame, I know.

The story behind the picture is actually kind of funny. A few years ago my mom paid for family pictures. The package my mom bought included pics of the whole famn damily, and pictures of all the couples in the family. Being that I am not a couple, but am actually a single, I got single pictures taken. The photographer was a total dork, and I'm pretty sure he always saw himself photographing in Hollywood, or some stage much more grand than Orem. Worse, I'm pretty sure he thought of me as his best shot to break into the big time by nailing a killer head shot for me. You'd have thought that to listen to the guy work his magic, anyway. I've never felt like a bigger tool in my life, and I've probably never looked like a bigger tool in my life (at least I hope I've never looked like a bigger tool in my life). The whole thing was pretty laughable.

Anyway, there's one particular photo where I somehow held a conflicted/pensive/sophisticated look long enough for him to take the picture. Most of the time I was laughing too hard b/c I kept on thinking of rude names to describe the photographer, and because Willus snuck into the room and was dancing around behind the guy and making faces. A bit juvenile, that one. So most of the shots are of me with a big, stupid turd-eating grin on my face. However, he did manage to get one shot of me being lame and trying to look cool. My mom loves it. I hate it. Guy got ahold of it, and with a little Photoshop magic, this picture is the result.

If I can ever get Willus to email the real version to me, maybe I'll toss it up here. It's pretty bad though, so I might not.

5 comments:

willus said...

I'll be sure to post that picture on my blog for all to see.... if I can find it..hmmm i wonder where it is.. oh that's right, its the desktop image on Mom's iMac at home.

Lyle said...

That would be one wicked scar in real life.

I hate professional photography places.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I never knew the story behind this picture before. I think the fact that it is photoshopped is even cooler than it being a costume.

Charlotta-love said...

did you feel like Uncle Rico in Napolean Dynamite? Were little seahorses floating around your head?

*that's nice. tilt your head a bit...perfect.

mo said...

I just emailed the original pic to you, but I kinda like willus' idea of putting it on his blog! Enjoy the real version! It took me about 10 minutes searching through my hubbies incredibly unorganized photo filing job!

Locations of visitors to this page