Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Better than my best day of school work


So I went fishing on the Ausable River again yesterday. I fished there last year and pretty much got worked. Unfortunately, yesterday wasn't much better. Fortunately it was beautiful up there, and, despite the fact that it rained like an S.O.B. for a while in the morning, the weather felt great. Maybe that's because I got out of the 85 degree weather we've been having lately in Albany, I'm not sure. And finally, it was a day spend doing something other than school work, which makes it a good thing, ipso facto.

Anyway, you'll notice that there is one thing conspicuously missing from my fishing pictures: any actual fish. While I did catch 2, combining for a collective 17 inches of trout, I didn't feel much like taking a picture of them. Just not that impressive. It was a frustrating day of fishing, to say the least. I would love to say that it was tough fishing yesterday, and that nobody was catching fish, but my buddy Carter did pretty well, catching something like 8 or 9 fish, many of which were caught on bugs I tied. There's no justice in this world. And on top of all that, the Ausable is the trickiest river to wade that I've ever been in. I came very, very close to taking a swim on a couple of occasions.. I'm actually a little sore today from the wade, that's how much of a workout it is just picking your way through those slippery boulders.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from the day:







Like I said, it was really, really pretty, and it was also not studying, which makes it worth every penny.

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Very pretty. The reason you didn't catch any fish was because you were too busy tying flies. If Carter had tied his own, you would have caught fish. ...something like that anyway.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

So beautiful. When are you coming back to Utah next Dallie?

Kactiguy said...

Wow, the fall colors look sweet. Too bad you suck at fishing.

willus said...

Best thing about fall colors being out? That means the NFL season is in full swing, BYU college football is under way, baseball playoffs are going, NBA and NHL preseason games are going... I call it the perfect storm.

Locations of visitors to this page