Monday, November 14, 2005

Son of a...!!

So I have been working on that stupid resolution since sometime in September. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I go public with it, something goes horribly, horribly wrong.

I got to Contracts this morning, pulled my pilfered highlighter and pilfered pen out of my pocket (not pilfered) to get ready to be studious. I tried to take some notes in the column of my Contracts case book, and guess what? My d-word pen wouldn't write because it blew up!! I think it only happened b/c I just went public with my goal yesterday. Fortunately it didn't get ink anywhere other than on my hand. Great way to start a week. So I had to sit there in class next to the guy who smells like pee (I've tried to be a good person and not rip on him for that fact, but I passed my tipping point last week. I'm really tired of having a stiff back and neck from leaning WAY to my right b/c he stinks so bad.) stewing in the fact that I failed in my resolution. CRAP!! Back to square one.

So now I have to figure out which other pen I want to make my project pen. I nabbed one off a table from someone trying to sell me something today, and it looks cool, but it doesn't write well. Grr... But rest assured, I will not be deterred (whoa, a rhyme! Let's see how far I can go with it...) though my efforts seem absurd, my goal will not be abjured. OK, that wasn't too far, but it was fun anyway.

But the good news was that the same table of people trying to sell me crap had highlighters. So I filled my pockets. My stockpile is officially up to 12, and I didn't pay for one of them! This Thursday is Barbri day, and they put tons out on the table. I'm going to hook myself up phat!!

6 comments:

Lorien said...

Awwww. That sucks. Now I feel bad for being so hard on you on my blog. But once again, I admire your tenacity and determination! And I have faith in you...You will write again and it WILL be with nabbed ink!

Sister Pottymouth said...

Good thing the ink got only on your hands or you might have to do the pocket protector thing. That would just enhance the whole Jed Clampet image you've got going, dontcha think? Hmmm, can I add to your rhyme list? Let's see...turd, bird, word, herd, heard, third, curd, and, uh, nerd.

Lorien said...

Wait. I just thought of something. Is this a resolution for next year? If so, why the early start? Are you feeling that ambitious? Or is this one from last year? If it is, (not to pressure you or anything) then you really need to get moving.

Tips on using pens up quickly:

1. Work for Guy on a project scribbling in black backgrounds. I've gone through several pens that way.

2. Find a really obnoxious pen that is obviously yours, to deter theft or loss. I'm good at keeping track of green ink pens, but I don't know if propoganda pens come in colors.

3. Write a lot. I've found that uses more ink than not writing much.

4. Nab a pen with a small ink reservoir.

Kactiguy said...

I counted my sneezes in 2003. 967! Now that is a goal.

The Dally Llama said...

Update: the Barbri student reps went cheap on me. I tried to grab a few highlighters today and they only let me take one. BOOO!! Bad form! They were monitoring how many highlighters left the table today. Can you say cheap? I would have to sell my liver to David Crosby to make enough money to pay for these courses and they won't kick me a few highlighters?? Way to take care of the people that are making you freaking rich. Jerks.

Lorien said...

I'm thinking costume changes. Take an extra shirt, maybe even a wig, and change between walk-throughs.

And how much can you get for a liver, anyway? I'm thinking Christmas money...

Locations of visitors to this page