Monday, March 19, 2007

Back in NY *Updated*

So I had an awesome spring break, and today was my first day back in school. Here's why spring break was awesome:

  • I surprised the ever-loving crap out of my mom, who didn't know I was coming into town. Seriously, one of the funniest pranks we've ever pulled on her.

  • I scared my nephew and niece, who also didn't know I was in town by jumping out of the back of the Suburban after Lo picked them up from school.

  • I went to Las Vegas to watch the MWC basketball tourney

  • It was in the mid-70's in Vegas the whole time.

  • It was in the high 60's to mid-70's in Provo the whole time.

  • I got to go fishing on my favorite river with my future boss.

  • I missed the huge snow storm that put another foot of snow on this city that STILL does not know how to handle snow.

  • I got to hang out with friends.

  • A CANCER FREE Derek Swanson moved back to Utah, and hung around with us for the weekend.

  • National Corndog Day!!


  • OK, National Corndog Day needs explanation.

    Last year my buddy found out about it and told me. This year, when I realized I was going to be home for National Corndog Day, I thought I'd get ahold of my friends, who not only have all the cool gear to throw a wicked party, but love doing it, particularly since we can't hold the annual Tree Burn any more. Long story short, I registered as a party host, and the next thing we knew, Foster Farms sent us 336 corn dogs. Here's a picture of the party hosts with our corn-clad, stick impaled bounty:


    Note: each white box is a case with 3 cases of 28 dogs each.

    Before the night was over, we had consumed somewhere around 150 corndogs (leaving a ridiculous surplus), about 12 pounds of tots, and who knows what else. We also wound up with an astro bounce (you know, the cool inflatable self-contained rooms that little kids go crazy in at the county fair), dance music, and a green egg toss (in honor of St. Patrick's Day). Here are A few more photos:

    When you see these flowers blooming, you know that spring is officially here.




    B Money throwing down some rhymes before going to his debut show later on that night. Word on the street is that he brought the house down.


    Green Egg toss in observation of St. Patrick's Day.


    I don't know who this guy is, but I think it's safe to conclude that he was an egg toss loser.


    This was our bounty. We had so many dogs, it was ridiculous. By the end of the night we had a few sitting around, and a potato gun on hand. Put them both together, and you've got corndog aviation magic.


    Seriously, it was an awesome party. Big thanks to our sponsors at Foster Farms. I'll send you the bill from my cardiologist.

    Anyway, the down side to being back from spring break are:

  • It reminded me how much fun the world outside of law school can be.

  • I have a ridiculous amount of work to be done in the next few weeks.

  • It snowed a foot the other day, and the city is still struggling to deal with it.

  • It's freaking cold out here.

  • It's snowing as I write this.

  • School.

  • *Sigh.*


  • Right. Anyway, spring break was incredible, and I'm glad I had more fun than I had last year, when I spent basically all of it in the library. Loads of fun. Thanks a lot Brent D., and Janet R., if you ever read this, that is.

    3 comments:

    Lyle said...

    Somehow I rarely managed to enjoy spring break in college. This year was no different, I spent most of my time grading papers and cleaning house. Getting to celebrate the anniversary was the only thing to look forward to.

    I wish I could have seen the look on your mom's face.

    You should have sent the excess corndogs my way. My kids would have made quick work of them.

    Your future boss wouldn't happen to be related to you...?

    f*bomb. said...

    Holy crap. I think I just had a minor cardiac arrest just from LOOKING at those corndogs...It's like I can taste them without even touching them.
    Kind of like how I feel about YOU, Dall. Kind of.

    The Dally Llama said...

    Live the dream, my friend. Live the dream.

    Locations of visitors to this page