Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Embarassing admission

So you know how some of life's greatest joys can be found in re-discovering something you've known about all along, but for one reason or another have horribly under-appreciated? Well, I've recently re-discovered the unspeakable joy of something I've known about for 20+ years now:

Butt Rock & Power Ballads.

Seriously, how terrible is the idea of scrawny guys with bad perms, bangs, leather, tattoos of snakes, and other tough guy things, make up, chest hair, and head bands trying to look all bad-a, but singing sensitive rock songs? Terribly great, I say.


Honestly, how is that anything but the coolest thing you've ever seen?

Here are a few of the songs I've been re-discovering recently:

White Lion: Little Fighter
White Lion: Wait
White Lion: When the Children Cry
Night Ranger: Sister Christian
Faster Pussycat: House of Pain
Cinderella: Don't Know What You Got 'Till It's Gone
Cinderella: Gypsy Road
Cinderella: Coming Home

Those are just a few of the biggest winners that came up on my ipod's butt rock playlist. Rest assured that there are plenty more where those came from.

Look some of it up some time. You won't be disappointed.

P.S. There is an honorary spot in The Dally News Hall of Shame for anyone who can name the band pictured above.

P.S.S. The band is not in my list of songs, although that band has probably the best song on my Butt Rock playlist. Not that that helps you at all; I just thought you should know.

6 comments:

f*bomb. said...

My new haircut is a mullet. And not the good kind. The kind where I'm going to have to start taking pills to make it grow back.
Comfort me, Whitesnake. Comfort me.

The Dally Llama said...

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to help me out here. Exactly what kind of mullet is "the good kind?" Last I checked, the mullet lay strictly in the domain of trailer trash and euro-trash.

Lyle said...

Wasn't that the Osmands from their 1981 tour?



Second guess: Twisted Sister

f*bomb. said...

No, no. The hipster indie kids wear them, and they look cute.

I am not a hipster indie kid. When it comes to hair, I believe in GO BIG or GO HOME.

The Dally Llama said...

Maybe you can help me out. "Indie kids" seems to be the latest buzz words, or maybe I'm just coming across it a lot lately, but whatever the case may be, I don't know what in the world it's referring to. I just know that most people who use the term seem to use it with a certain sense of derision. Enlighten me. What is an indie kid, should I hate them and why?

As far as going big with hair, it totally reminds me of this chick in high school who had the BIGGEST ratted bangs and wings out the side hair do you could ever imagine. Seriously impressive. Her name? Farrah, ironically enough. Hmm...

f*bomb. said...

Noooo! Someone else is going around with MY name and MY hairstyle? I will KILL her.

Locations of visitors to this page