Sunday, January 21, 2007

??????!!

QUIZ TIME!


OK, time for a quiz. While I was making pasta today after church, I came across this mystery food item in my pantry. Here's the quiz:

1) What type of food was this?
2) When was its expiration date?




Make sure you click on the picture to view the larger version so you can see the full detail. It's something else.

The person who guesses most accurately can expect to see it in his/her mail box within a week of posting his/her guess.

OK, just kidding. I threw it out already. -Even the rodents that scavenge my garbage turned their noses up at it.

I'll post the expiration date after a week. If you want to be part of the competition, you have to post your guess before then. The winner gets a big lip kiss from me, unless you're related to me, or are a dude, in which case, you won't get anything other than the satisfaction of a job well done. ...And maybe a star for your forehead. ...Or maybe a bouncy ball, if I can talk my nephews and nieces into giving one back to me.

11 comments:

Lyle said...

I would say that it is a loaf of multi-grain [gotta keep that colon clean] honey wheat bread that should have been consumed before Christmas break [12-15-06]

Lyle said...

So if I'm the only commentor on this post I win, right?

Lorien said...

holy freaking cow. Your side bar used to be the only thing that was huge. Now your entire post was in a font so huge that only about 2 words (short ones at that) fit per line. I'll go back, look at the loaf again, and venture my guess. In the meantime, size it down a bit, would ya?

Lorien said...

you compensating for something?

Lorien said...

Okay. I'm ready to venture a guess.

I'm betting it's 100% Whole Wheat bread from Stewart's Shops.

As for the expiration date, supposing you never froze it before eating--which I doubt bachelors often do anyway because I think that's a strategy employed only by mothers of many children--and judging by the degree of decomposition combined with the cold winter weather, my honed domestic shelf life estimation skills tell me it was from before Lewis' wedding... about October 15, 2006.

There's my stab in the dark. How'd I do?

Lorien said...

wait. upon further evaluation of the evidence presented, I would like to change my guess to October 22, 2006.

The Dally Llama said...

THE REASON IT SHOWS UP FUNNY IS BECAUSE SAFARI IS A SUCKY BROWSER!! Look at it with explorer (also a sucky browser), or Firefox (not a sucky browser), and it's just fine. I just checked my html, and all my tags are closed and everything. Nope. Not my problem at all.

As to the guesses, I'm not answering just yet. I'm leaving it open for guesses for a few more days.

dalene said...

Duh. Bread. Probably whole wheat or multigrain. But I'm guessing it could even have been cinnamon swirl. Or something.

Best by Nov. 24.


And, for the record, Firefox is too FREAKIN' slow!

The Dally Llama said...

Firefox isn't the culprit. It's probably an old computer that isn't ready to handle a newer browser. It's probably the best browser out there. -Ask any geek.

And nobody has even come close on the date...

Lyle said...

btw- Your Blog looks identical on my computer, whether its on Firefox or IE..So just remember this one time that I am standing up for you [in case I ever need you to stand up for me in a court of law]...I'd do a nod-dod, wink-wink, but you've banned such atrocities from your blog and I'll continue to honor that request.

ps. Are you hinting at the fact that the exp. date was before October?....eeeeeewwww.

Anonymous said...

bread that you should have eaten before Christmas....i can't wait for my kiss

Locations of visitors to this page