Saturday, January 27, 2007

The correct answers:

The correct answers to the quiz are as follows:

1) It was a loaf of bread. I wasn't looking for anything more specific than that. OK, I admit, that one was a little easy.

2) March 21, 2006.

Given that I discovered the loaf on January 21, 2007, that makes 9 months to the day since it expired. That means I probably bought the thing around the first week of March, which would mean it sat in my cupboard for close to 10 months. To put it in perspective, if you've been following my blog, this is the post that was up when I bought this loaf of bread. Yes, that is one of the most disgusting things you've heard in the recent past.

5 comments:

wendysue said...

Oh my. . .I hadn't checked so I missed the cut off date to guess. . .Have you been wearing nose plugs? Or did they wrap it in a super strength non-odor penetrating plastic bag?

I was going to guess some sort of bread (multigrain), and maybe from last summer from the way that thing had "decomposed".

p.p.s. that picture was almost as nasty as the HOLYCRAP! post from the safari trip!

Lyle said...

Wow. That far back. I would have expected just a gooey squishy bag of spores with that expiration date. Yucky

The Dally Llama said...

Um... Apparently you didn't look at the pictures closely enough.

Unknown said...

It still has a bread shape though. It resembles bread. That's what amazes me.

The Dally Llama said...

It only resembles bread because it was in a bread bag. If I had a hazmat suit, I would have taken it out of the bag for a picture.

For as nasty as the thing was though, it really didn't stink, at least on the outside. I'm sure it would stink on the inside, but I didn't dare open the thing. Like I said, no hazmat clothing.

Locations of visitors to this page